Wednesday, December 10, 2008

God bless VHF TV broadcasts.

National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation is in my top 5 movies of all time. I can quote it almost verbatem. I had a conversation the other day about TV and growing up and all that good stuff. Like the Solid Gold dancers, MTV playing videos, and having to adjust the rabbit ears on your TV just to get the sound in, let alone the picture. If you got both, you were having a good day.

I found this and thought it was worth sharing. http://betamaxmas.com/ Its pretty funny. I actually remember the Alf Christmas Special. I can even hear my dad calling, "go fix the rabbit ears and get me a beer."

Beer, when I was a kid, meant gathering all of the adults mugs and washing them with water, placing them back in the freezer, grabbing new frozen mugs, returning them to the adults, and then fetching a pitcher of beer from the fridge. My dad had a half keg (commonly referred to as a "whole keg" for parties, but actually not) in the fridge in the basement growing up. It had CO2 hooked up to it, had a tap that came through the door, and a professional drain tray that actually drained into the wash sink in the basement. My dad really loved beer. My dad still really loves beer. Im 150% he will still love beer.
So for Christmas, you can also get your dad one of these, based on your budget.
http://www.beveragefactory.com/draftbeer/kits/tkk.shtml
But if you are really hurting, you can always get him a tie.

No comments:

Post a Comment